Effective Date: September 18, 2017
What information does Company collect and how?
Personal Information: This is information you input into the Service or give us permission to access from other sites. Personal information includes information that identifies, or could be used to identify you. Examples of personal information include:
- Contact information, such as name, address, phone number and email; and
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number and bank about information.
Information collected from your browser, computer or mobile device: This is technical information that is automatically collected when you use the Service or read a message from us, including:
- The website you came from and the websites you visit after visiting the Sites;
- The type of browser you use;
- The device, and information about that device, from which you connected to the Service;
- Time and date of access;
- Your IP address and protocol;
- Which links you clicked on while using the Service;
- Other information that does not personally identify you;
- A Boolean indicating whether your device was jail broken;
- Crash analytics data;
- Cookie data. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device which include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information on cookies and similar technologies, see below.
How do we use the information we collect?
Company may use your information, including personal information to:
- Provide the Service to you, including providing technical and other support for the Service and working with third parties to provide the Service;
- Set up your account;
- Communicate with you regarding the Service and respond to your inquiries and requests, such as subscriptions to email newsletters;
- For the purpose(s) for which you provide the information;
- Deliver advertising and content that is customized to your individual behavior or demographic, based on your use of the Service and other online or mobile websites, apps and services;
- Verify your identity;
- Analyze your use of the Service;
- Process payments made through the Service via a third party payment processor;
- For audits, regulatory purposes and compliance with industry standards;
- As you may otherwise agree or consent.
How do we disclose your information to third parties?
We will never sell or rent your information that personally identifies you to third parties, and we won’t share it with a third party unless we have your authorization.
You authorize us to disclose your information in the following instances:
- To communicate with users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support and inform users about promotional offers.
- Non-personally identifiable information may be shared with companies we do business with, such as our third party payment processors and related financial institutions.
- We may share your information within our parent company, and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies. “Cookies” are pieces of information that may be placed on your computer’s browser or your device by a website or service to store your preferences, for the purpose of facilitating and enhancing your communication and interaction with that website or service or with other websites or services. Many websites, including the Sites, may also use Flash cookies, or locally shared objects (“LSOs”), that operate similarly to browser cookies. Company, or our partners, may also use “web beacons,” clear GIFs or similar technologies, pieces of information placed on a service or email to track and collect information about user behavior, for example by counting the number of visitors to a web page, delivering a cookie to a user’s browser or tracking open rates, clicks and forwards.
You may be able to set your browser to disable cookies or LSOs, or to refuse certain types of cookies or warn you before accepting cookies. LSOs using Adobe Flash can be managed using Flash management tools on the Adobe website. However, doing so may mean that certain parts of the Service may not work for you. Some partners may use technologies other than cookies to recognize your computer or device or to collect information about your use of the Service or other websites or services, and you may not be able to block use of such technologies. Some browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to websites and online services. Company does not currently take any action or respond to such signals.
We or our partners may use mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) to collect information, such as your IDFA or Android Advertising ID, and other information about how your device interacts with the Service. SDKs allow app developers to enable advertising, collection of data and related services and analytics in apps and websites. We may use this technology to deliver, or to help partners deliver, advertising through the Service and other mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your device. Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your device’s advertising identifier by accessing the privacy settings.
- Google Analytics (including Remarketing with Google Analytics; Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting and integrated services that use Google Analytics to collect data using cookies and identifiers)
- Stripe, Inc.
Some of these third parties participate in programs intended to provide users with choices about whether and how to receive targeted advertising. You can learn more about these programs at the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance websites. Information about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs is available here. These websites are provided by third parties, not Company. Company does not control or operate these websites or the choices that our partners, advertisers and others may provide through the tools offered on these websites.
We may customize the sponsored posts or other ad offerings you see on the Service based on information from our advertisers, on the demographics of your neighborhood, or on your actions on the Service. We may also offer ads that are personalized based on your actions off the Service; if we do this, we will provide you with notice and choices about it.
Protection for Children
The Service is not directed at children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that personal information has been collected from a child under age 18, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
Updating and Correcting Your Information
California Residents. California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California residents asking about practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has opted-out of such information-sharing. Company has such a policy. If you wish to opt-out of sharing of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes or to find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Retention of Data